Aqara Thermostat Bundle Support
E1 Hub Setup (iOS)
E1 Hub & Thermostat Pairing (iOS)
E1 Hub Setup (Android)
E1 Hub & Thermostat Pairing (Android)
Aqara Radiator Thermostat E1
What types of valves are supported for the installation of the thermostat?
The size of nuts of the thermostat is [M30*1.5mm], and the accessories include: adaptors for the three types of valves (RA, RAV, RAVL), please refer to the operation manual for the installation method.
What precautions should be taken for the installation of the thermostat and the calibration of the valve?
Every time after the thermostat is powered on, the installation state will be activated ([F11] interface), and it is suggested that the thermostat should be installed on the valve within 5 minutes, after the installation is complete, press the key three times successively to carry out valve calibration, or proceed with networking in accordance with the operation manual, and then carry out valve calibration after the networking is complete.
*Reminder: if installation is not complete within 10 min after power-on, please first remove the battery, then put the battery back, and power on for installation.
What is valve calibration?
Because the push rods of different valves have different strokes, it is necessary to carry out calibration of the valve before installation, so that the open/close stroke of the valve can be adaptable, which is an important step to make sure of correct temperature control. After power-on, it is suggested that the thermostat should be installed on the valve within 5 min. You may press the key three times successively to carry out the valve calibration, or do the same with the Aqara Home app.
After the battery is put in place, why is the thermostat not reacting?
- The battery is reversed, so please reinstall the battery (note: wait 30 sec before reinstalling the battery, after the battery is removed).
- Battery power is low. Please replace the battery.
- Product failure. Please contact the vendor for repair or replacement of the product.
*Reminder: if the thermostat automatically shuts down, it may be caused by low battery power. In that case, it is suggested that the battery should be replaced.
How to place a networked temperature sensor?
When networked, the Aqara Temperature & Humidity Sensor should be placed in the same room with the thermostat, 2-3 meters away from the thermostat, but it should not be placed too close to windows.
*Reminder: the Aqara Temperature & Humidity Sensor is supported only if it is networked under the same hub.
What is the function of the built-in temperature sensor?
The thermostat has a built-in temperature sensor, which is used to detect the temperature around the radiator and provide auxiliary temperature control. You can also use the Connect the Temperature Sensor function with the Aqara Home app to network with the Aqara Temperature & Humidity Sensor, to get a better temperature control experience.
What is Manual mode?
Once a temperature value is manually set, the thermostat will regulate and keep the temperature with reference to the set temperature. For instance, under the manual mode, if the Smart Schedule is enabled, the temperature regulation will be performed in accordance with the temperature regulation plan of the Smart Schedule.
What is Anti-freeze mode?
In case of prolonged travel in winter (e.g. tourism or business trip), the anti-freeze mode can be enabled to avoid freezing of water pipes due to low temperature, in which case low-temperature operation will be active.
What is the function of the Smart Schedule?
You may set the smart temperature control plan for a day, and activate the plan, then the thermostat will automatically regulate the temperature according to the plan. If the temperature in a certain time frame of the original plan becomes inappropriate due to abrupt weather changes (e.g. sudden rise in outdoor temperature), you may not need to shut down the smart schedule, but can manually regulate the temperature of the current time frame, without creating an impact on the temperature planning of the subsequent time frame, to cope with the sudden changes of weather conditions more flexibly.
What is "Window-open detection"?
When the indoor temperature plunges in a short time, the system will remind the user that it may be resulted from the opening of doors or windows, and will simultaneously close the valve for 30 min to avoid energy waste. You can also set up networking with the Aqara Door and Window Sensor through the Automation function, in order to get a more precise experience of window-open detection.
Why does the Aqara Home app prompt for temperature control abnormality and the LCD screen displays the fault icon?
You can enable/disable the Valve Detection function on the settings page. In order to prevent the prolonged low-temperature or high-temperature state of room temperature from becoming uncomfortable, the thermostat will remind the user of temperature control abnormality when it detects that the room temperature can't reach the set temperature, after heating is started, for the following possible causes:
- The thermostat is not installed correctly. It is suggested that you should remove the battery and put it back 30 sec later, then reinstall the thermostat and calibrate it again, and further wait for a period of time, and then observe whether the fault is eliminated.
- The room temperature is significantly higher than the set temperature due to the incorrect temperature setting. It is suggested that you should re-set the temperature again, wait for a period of time, and then observe whether the fault is eliminated.
- Valve failure. Please replace the valve, reinstall the thermostat, and carry out valve calibration.
- The room is too large (the radiator is not matching) or there is too much ventilation in the room. It is suggested that you should replace the radiator or test whether the room door or window is opened or leaking air.
- The inlet water pressure or inlet water temperature is too low. Please check the inlet water pressure and inlet water temperature.
- Upon networking with the temperature sensors, no linkage is established with the temperature sensor in the same room, or the distance from the temperature sensor to the radiator is remote (it is recommended that the temperature sensor should be placed in the same room with the thermostat, for a distance of 2-3m from the thermostat).
Why, when the thermostat operates correctly, is the room temperature is obviously higher than the set temperature?
- The thermostat is not correctly installed. Remove the valve from the thermostat, withdraw the battery and wait for 30 sec, then put the battery back, and reinstall the thermostat, and carry out valve calibration when the device's screen displays the [F11] installation interface (you can press the key three times successively to carry out valve calibration, or do the same with the Aqara Home app).
- Valve failure. After replacing the malfunctioning valve, reinstall the valve and carry out valve calibration according to the above step.
Why, when the thermostat seems to operate normally, is the room temperature is obviously lower than the set temperature?
- Valve failure. After replacing the valve, withdraw the battery and wait for 30 sec, then put the battery back, and reinstall the thermostat, and carry out valve calibration.
- The water inlet temperature of the radiator is low. Please contact professional technicians to overhaul the hot-water pipeline.
Why can't the thermostat can't be operated through the Aqara Home app?
- The thermostat is not networked with the Aqara Home app. Please carry out re-networking.
- The thermostat is too far from the hub, or there are multiple barriers in between. Please adjust the distance, or provide more hubs.
- Battery power is low. Please replace the battery.
Why, when the thermostat seems to operate normally, does the room temperature not remain constant?
- Battery power is low. Please replace the battery.
- Too much ventilation in the room, which results in excessive heat loss. Please check whether the room door or window is opened or leaking air.
- Check the installation position of the networked temperature sensor, and verify whether the networked temperature sensor is remote from the thermostat (greater than the range of 2-3 m) or placed too close to any ventilation spot (such as a door or window).
Why is the Aqara Home app prompting linkage abnormality?
The networked device (temperature sensor) is offline, malfunctioning, or abnormally networked, etc. Please check the networked device, or carry out re-networking.
How long will the battery last?
The sustainability of the battery depends on the user's temperature regulation frequency and the power-on/power-off frequency of the thermostat. In winter, it is suggested that you should not frequently power on and off the thermostat, to reduce the use frequency of the motor. In the summer season, when heating is suspended, it is suggested that you should power off the thermostat to reduce the loss of the battery's power capacity.
What is the function of creating a device group?
You can organize multiple thermostats in a room into a group to realize collective temperature regulation, power-on/off, mode switching, and create automation. This function only supports device control, and doesn't support device status synchronization.
Aqara Hub E1
What can we do if the Aqara Hub E1 fail to connect to Wi-Fi?
- Bring your mobile phone closer to the Hub when connecting to Wi-Fi.
- Connect your phone to Wi-Fi.
- The phone is required to be connected to the Wi-Fi in the 2.4GHz band.
- In case of the prompt of Hub connection failure on the mobile phone app, please reset the Hub: Press and hold the button on the Hub for 10s until the orange indicating light is flashing.
If you are still having trouble connecting the E1 Hub to your WiFi, try disabling the 5 GHz band on your WiFi router. Once the hub is paired, you can re-enable the 5 GHz WiFi band.
What scenarios can the Aqara Hub E1 be applied to?
Aqara Hub E1 can be applied to the standard USB interface with the output power higher than 2.5W (5V/0.5A), such as sockets, plugs, power adapters and appliances with the USB power supply interface.
What is the Wi-Fi relay function of Aqara Hub E1? How to use it?
- Wi-Fi relay means that Aqara Hub E1 will generate new WLAN hotspots after being connected to the home wireless router to enlarge the signal cover for other Wi-Fi-appliable devices to connect, which can be used in places with poor Wi-Fi signal including hallway and entry door, and supports up to two accessories.
- The Wi-Fi relay function can be enabled in the “Settings” - “Wi-Fi Relay” of the app. The device has default hotspot name and password, which can be changed by users.
What is the maximum connectable distance between the accessory and the Hub? Can the signal can pass through a wall?
The connectable distance between the accessory and the Hub varies for different indoor environment. When it is applied in the home environment, it is recommended that the distance between the accessory and the Hub should be no more than 10m, with at most two walls.
Does the Hub have an alarm function?
The Hub has no built-in loudspeaker and buzzer, so it does not support the local audio alarm, however, it can work with other alarm device on the local area network or in the cloud through automation to achieve alarm function.
Why is the accessory often offline?
- The accessory may be too far from the Hub, or have a metal shade in between. Please shorten the distance between the accessory and the Hub, and avoid the metal shade.
- The battery may run down and need to be replaced.
Tips: For a better experience, please upgrade the device firmware in time to ensure the compatibility and stable communications.
How to recognize the same type of accessory bound to the same Hub?
Please check the log information of the device to recognize devices; When adding a new device, it is suggested to mark the device by the installation location or usage, and rename the new device.
What is the “Preventing accidental deletion” of the Hub? How to use it?
- The “Preventing accidental deletion” of the Hub is provided for the purpose to avoid the network disconnection of the device due to the misoperation of the function buttons (for example, press and hold a function button for 10s). After enabling this function, the device can only be unbound through the app (when the device is connected to the network normally).
- The function can be enabled by selecting " Preventing accidental deletion settings" in the Setting in the app.
After the Hub disconnects to the network, why do some smart scenes still execute and some do not?
- The execution mode of the smart scenes can be divided into cloud execution and local execution. The manual smart scenes are executed via the cloud, and the execution modes of automatic smart scenes can be viewed in the More Settings.
- For the smart scenes executed via the cloud, it uploads the signal sensed by the trigger device to the cloud via network, which then sends the corresponding control commands to the executing device. In this way, the smart scenes cannot be executed in case of disconnection between the Hub and the network.
- For the smart scenes executed locally, the trigger device will send the signal sensed to the Hub, which will send the corresponding control commands to the device through Bluetooth, Zigbee or local area network. In this way, the smart scenes can be executed when the Hub is connected to the actuating device normally, even if the router cannot connect to the external network.
How to add the Zigbee accessories to the Hub?
- Zigbee accessories can connect the Aqara Home APP via the Hub. When connecting the Aqara Home APP, please select the Hub to bind according to the prompt in the app.
- If you want to change the Hub bound to a Zigbee accessory, please firstly delete the Zigbee accessory from the app homepage and add it again, then re-add the Hub to be bound.
- You can view the list of accessories bound to the Hub in the app.
Does it support adding accessories to the Hub via Bluetooth?
The device does not support adding accessories via Bluetooth.
Why do the Wi-Fi-connectable smart devices cannot be added to the Hub?
- The Wi-Fi-connectable devices connected the Aqara Home APP enable communication via the router-oriented local area network and Hub, to achieve the smart automations within the local area network; or connect to the cloud via the router, and the cloud sends the executive command to corresponding Wi-Fi-connectable actuating device based on the smart scenarios.
- According to the working principle, the Wi-Fi-connectable devices can be interconnected through the above two methods, so it does not require or is unable to connect to the Hub.
Why can't I connect to the Wi-Fi repeater when the function is enabled?
When the Wi-Fi repeater function is enabled, the IP address is still assigned by the router.
- When some brands of wireless routers receive frequent connection requests, they may refuse to assign IP addresses, resulting in Wi-Fi repeater unable to connect. It is recommended to restart the route or try to connect again after waiting for a period of time.
- In some scenarios, the hub may switch back and forth to connect different routers when multiple routers in the same WLAN share SSID but use different channels (such as office environment), once the channel is changed, the devices under repeater can not establish the corresponding IP relationship with the new route, resulting in the Wi-Fi repeater being unable to communicate. It is recommended to use the Wi-Fi repeater function only in a single router environment.
Why is the remote control unavailable after the Hub and its accessories are connected to the HomeKit?
After adding the device to the Apple Home App, a HomePod or Apple TV (tvOS 11.0 or above) or an iPad (iOS 12.0 or above) that has been set up as the household pivot is required to achieve remote control. Refer to the prompts of Apple Home App for specific operation.
Why are some accessories not founded in the Home App?
When adding the Hub to the Home app, only the accessories supporting HomeKit function can be displayed on the Home app; The devices without the authorization of "Works with Apple HomeKit" cannot be connected to the HomeKit.
Why does the app always fail to add the second device to the Wi-Fi repeater of the Hub?
When some mobile phones add the second device to the repeater, possible appear the mobile phone connects to the repeater first, which leads to the maximum number of two devices allowed to access reached. When the app's “Add device” page shows "message send to device", then disconnect the mobile phone from the repeater manually, which can ensure that the second device can successfully connect to the repeater